Travel Packages in Tropea
Tropea General Information
Tropea is a beautiful seaside town located in the Calabria region of southern Italy. It is located on the Tyrrhenian coast and is known for its beaches with crystal clear waters and impressive cliffs.
Tropea is a popular tourist destination due to its natural beauty and its rich cultural heritage. The city has a rich history dating back to Greek times and has been ruled by various civilizations over the centuries.
Tropea is located on the Tyrrhenian coast, in the extreme south of Italy. It is located on a hill above the sea and has a stunning view of the coast.
The city is surrounded by a mountainous landscape and has white sand beaches and crystal clear waters.
The city is also known for its cliffs, which offer stunning views of the sea.
Cultural Aspects of Tropea
Tropea has a rich history and a unique culture dating back to Greek times. The city has been ruled by several civilizations, including the Romans, Byzantines, and Normans. Due to its long history, the city has varied and beautiful architecture that includes churches, palaces, and old houses.
The city is also known for its cuisine, which is a mix of traditional Mediterranean and Calabrian cuisine. Typical dishes include pasta with tomato sauce, fresh fish, and shellfish. There is also a variety of local wines to try.
Main Attractions of Tropea
Tropea is a popular tourist destination due to its beautiful beaches, impressive cliffs, and rich history and culture. Some of the main tourist attractions in Tropea include:
- The Church of Santa Maria dell'Isola: This church stands on a rocky hill in the center of the city and offers stunning views of the sea and the city.
- Beaches: Tropea has several beaches with white sand and crystal clear water, including Tropea beach, Santa Maria beach, and Michelino beach.
- The old town: the historic center of Tropea is full of old churches, palaces, and narrow streets. It is a lovely place to take a walk and discover the rich history of the city.
- The Cliff of Capo Vaticano: This cliff offers stunning views of the Tyrrhenian Sea and is a popular place for hiking.
- The Sanctuary of Santa Maria dell'Isola: This church is another impressive place to visit and offers stunning views of the sea.
Best Time to Visit Tropea
The best time to visit Tropea is in spring and summer when the weather is warm and sunny. In these months, you can enjoy the beaches and outdoor activities in the city.
What to Eat and Drink in Tropea
Tropea is known for its delicious cuisine, which is a mix of traditional Mediterranean and Calabrian cuisine.
Some of Tropea's typical dishes include pasta with tomato sauce, fresh fish, and shellfish.
There is also a variety of local wines to try, such as Greco di Bianco white wine and Cirò red wine. If you visit Tropea during the summer, be sure to try the famous Tropea red onion, which is grown in the region and used in many local dishes.
One of the most popular dishes in Tropea is the caramelized Tropea red onion, which can be found in many restaurants in the city. You can also try nduja, a typical Calabrian spicy sausage paste that is used to season pasta, pizza, and bread dishes.
If you fancy something sweet, try the typical Tropea sweets, such as truffle, a dessert made with chocolate and hazelnuts, and cannolo, a sweet filled with ricotta cheese and chocolate.
As for drinks, local wines are a popular choice. You can also try the Amalfi lemonade, a refreshing drink made with local lemons and sugar.