Travel Packages in Riva del Garda
CHARMING NORTH ITALY
Milan, Como, Bellagio, Varenna, Bergamo, Sirmione, Verona and more.
General Information about Riva del Garda
Do you want to visit Riva del Garda? Here we tell you everything about this wonderful destination.
Riva del Garda is a town in the province of Trento, located in the northern part of Italy. It is situated on the northern shore of Lake Garda, the largest lake in Italy. The town has a population of around 16,000 people.
Riva del Garda has a rich history and culture, dating back to Roman times. The town is home to several historic buildings and landmarks, including the 12th-century Rocca di Riva castle, which now houses a museum, and the Torre Apponale bell tower, which offers panoramic views of the town and lake.
The town is also known for its outdoor activities, including windsurfing, sailing, hiking, and mountain biking. Riva del Garda is surrounded by the beautiful natural scenery of Lake Garda and the surrounding mountains, making it a popular destination for tourists and outdoor enthusiasts.
Riva del Garda is well connected to other parts of Italy and Europe, with easy access to major airports and highways. The town has a range of accommodation options, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels, as well as a variety of restaurants and cafes serving traditional Italian cuisine.
Points of Interest in Riva del Garda
Riva del Garda has many sites of interest for visitors. Here are some of the top attractions to see in the town:
- Rocca di Riva: This historic castle is one of the most iconic landmarks in Riva del Garda. It dates back to the 12th century and now houses a museum showcasing the history of the castle and the town.
- Torre Apponale: This bell tower is located in the historic center of Riva del Garda and offers stunning views of the town and lake. Visitors can climb to the top of the tower for a small fee.
- The Port: Riva del Garda’s port is a bustling hub of activity, with boats coming and going throughout the day. The area is surrounded by shops, cafes, and restaurants, making it a great place to explore.
- The Bastione: This historic fortress is located on a hill overlooking Riva del Garda and the lake. Visitors can climb to the top of the bastion for panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- Museo Civico: This museum is located in the heart of Riva del Garda and showcases the history and culture of the town and the surrounding area.
- Varone Waterfall: This stunning waterfall is located just outside Riva del Garda and is a popular attraction for visitors. The waterfall is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery and can be reached by a short hike.
- Tenno Lake: This small lake is located just a few kilometers from Riva del Garda and is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing. The surrounding area is also great for hiking and mountain biking.
These are just a few of the many sites of interest in Riva del Garda. The town is rich in history and culture, and there is something for everyone to enjoy.
What to Eat in Riva del Garda?
Riva del Garda, like many towns in the Trentino region, offers a diverse range of culinary delights that are sure to satisfy your appetite.
Visitors can enjoy a variety of locally sourced ingredients that are prepared in unique and delicious ways. From hearty meat dishes to fresh seafood, there is something to please everyone’s palate.
Don’t forget to try the region’s famous wines, which are often paired with meals to enhance the dining experience.
And of course, no meal is complete without dessert. Riva del Garda is known for its delicious sweet treats, such as cakes, pastries, and gelato. So whether you’re looking for a casual snack or a fine dining experience, you’ll find plenty of delicious options in Riva del Garda.
Festivals of Riva del Garda
Riva del Garda hosts several festivals and events throughout the year, celebrating the town’s history, culture, and natural beauty. Here are some of the top festivals and events to look out for in Riva del Garda:
- The International Lake Garda Marathon: This annual marathon takes place in October and attracts runners from all over the world. The scenic route takes runners around Lake Garda, passing through Riva del Garda.
- The Olive Oil Festival: This festival celebrates the local olive oil production and takes place in November. Visitors can sample different varieties of olive oil and learn about the history of olive oil production in the area.
- The Christmas Market: This festive market takes place in December and features traditional crafts, food, and drink. Visitors can enjoy live music, take a ride on the merry-go-round, and take in the holiday atmosphere.
- The Riva del Garda Festival: This summer festival features a range of cultural events, including music concerts, theater performances, and art exhibitions. The festival takes place throughout July and August.
- The Garda Trentino Half Marathon: This half marathon takes place in November and offers runners a challenging but rewarding route through the mountains surrounding Riva del Garda.
- The Feast of San Giovanni: This religious festival takes place in June and celebrates the patron saint of Riva del Garda. The town is decorated with colorful banners, and there is a procession through the streets.
These are just a few of the many festivals and events that take place in Riva del Garda throughout the year. Visitors can enjoy the town’s lively atmosphere and get a taste of local culture and tradition.
How Is the Culture in Riva del Garda?
Riva del Garda has a rich and diverse culture that reflects its long history and its unique location on the northern shore of Lake Garda. The town is situated in the Trentino region of Italy, which has a distinct cultural identity that is different from other parts of Italy.
One of the most prominent cultural features of Riva del Garda is its architecture. The town has a mix of styles that reflect its history, including medieval castles, Baroque churches, and Art Nouveau buildings.
Visitors can explore the narrow streets of the historic center and admire the many beautiful buildings.
Riva del Garda also has a strong outdoor culture, thanks to its location on the shore of Lake Garda and the surrounding mountains.
Overall, the culture in Riva del Garda is a unique blend of history, architecture, food, wine, and outdoor pursuits that reflects the town’s distinctive identity and its connection to the surrounding region.
Destinations near Riva del Garda
Riva del Garda is a wonderful destination due to its historical heritage and fascinating culture.
Are you looking to marvel at the most incredible story? Do you want to know a fascinating culture? Do you want to taste exquisite cuisine?
If your answer is "yes", at Greca we have several proposals for tourist packages to Riva del Garda, which you can modify and adapt according to your needs and times.
There are travel packages for all tastes. Choose your own adventure according to your needs!
01How much does it cost to eat in Riva del Garda?
A basic lunch in a cafe or trattoria can cost around €10-€15 per person, while a sit-down meal in a restaurant can cost anywhere from €20-€40 per person, depending on the menu and the location.
02What month is cheapest to travel to Riva del Garda?
The cheapest month to visit Riva del Garda is generally during the low season, which is from November to March.
03When is the best season for Riva del Garda?
The high season in Riva del Garda is generally during the summer months from June to August.