Travel Packages in Heraklion
Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, and Heraklion
Athens, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora, Mykonos, Santorini & Heraklion of Crete
Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, Heraklion & Chania
Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Heraklion and Chania in Crete and Rhodes
Athens, Mykonos, Santorini & Crete
Heraklion, Chania, Agia Galini & Agios Nikolaos.
Customize your packages
Select from our wide variety
Choose hotel category, cabin type & make it better with optionals
Add additional nights to your desired locations
Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Heraklion and Chania in Crete & Rhodes.
Athens, Mykonos, Santorini & Heraklion, Crete
Chania, Agia Galini, Agios Nikolaos & Heraklion
GREEK ISLANDS & HOLY CITIES
Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Mount of Olives, Galilee and more.
Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Heraklion and Chania in Crete, Rhodes & Istanbul
Travel to Heraklion: Discover the Cradle of Minoan Civilization
Here we will tell you everything you need to know to plan a trip to Heraklion, from how to get there to the best places to visit.
Heraklion, the capital of the island of Crete in Greece, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Mediterranean. With its rich history, pristine beaches and lively food scene, Heraklion is a city that has something for every type of traveler.
Getting to Heraklion
Heraklion is served by an international airport that receives flights from European and Middle Eastern cities. It can also be reached by ferry from the Greek coastal cities of Athens, Santorini and Mykonos.
What to See in Heraklion
The following are the main attractions you can find in Heraklion:
- Palace of Knossos: The palace of Knossos is an archaeological complex dating back to the Minoan era, with impressive ruins dating back to the second millennium BC.
- Archaeological Museum of Heraklion: This museum houses some of the most important pieces of Minoan history, including the bronze statue of the god of the sea, Poseidon.
- Koules Fortress: This 16th century Venetian fortress is located in the port of Heraklion and is a must-see for those interested in the island's history.
- Ammoudara Beach: this beautiful beach is a popular destination for sun and sea lovers.
- Peza wine route: The Peza region is famous for its wines, and a tour of the wineries in the area is an experience not to be missed.
Where to Stay in Heraklion
Heraklion has a wide variety of accommodations, from boutique hotels to backpacker hostels. If you prefer to stay close to the old town, we recommend looking for options in the Venice area.
Where to Eat in Heraklion
Heraklion's dining scene is famous for its delicious Greek and Mediterranean food. Restaurants in the port area offer fresh fish and seafood, while in the old town you can find traditional Greek tavernas and restaurants.
Heraklion is a tourist destination that combines history, culture, beaches and gastronomy in one place. With its location on the beautiful island of Crete and a wide variety of activities for all types of travelers, it is not hard to understand why Heraklion is one of the most popular destinations in the Mediterranean.
If you plan a trip to Heraklion, be sure to include the Knossos Palace, the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion and the Koules Fortress in your itinerary, as well as enjoy the beautiful beaches and delicious food. Bon voyage!