Travel Packages in Alexandria
WONDERS OF EGYPT & ALEXANDRIA
Pyramids, Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, Aswan, Esna, Edfu, Kom Ombo & much more
Rome, Cairo and Alexandria.
General Information about Alexandria
Alexandria is a coastal city located on the Mediterranean coast of Egypt. It is the second largest city in the country and boasts a rich history dating back more than 2,300 years.
Since its foundation by Alexander the Great in the year 332 B.C. Until today, Alexandria has been a major cultural and commercial center in the Arab world and throughout the Mediterranean. If you are looking for an exciting city steeped in history, Alexandria is the perfect destination for you.
Alexandria's population is approximately 5 million, making it the second largest city in Egypt. The city stretches along the Mediterranean coast and boasts a diverse geography, including beaches, bays, and cliffs.
The city is also home to several ports, including the port of Alexandria, which is the second largest port in Egypt.
Alexandria is known for its rich culture and its annual festivals, which attract visitors from all over the world.
One of the biggest festivals is the Alexandria Film Festival, which takes place in September every year and is one of the oldest film festivals in the world.
Other festivals include the Festival of Arabic Music, the Festival of Modern Dance, and the Alexandria Theater Festival.
Egyptian culture is rich in traditions, and Alexandria is no exception. The city is known for its delicious food, music, and art. Some of Alexandria's culinary traditions include fresh fish and shellfish, olives, and feta cheese.
Alexandria's traditional music is known for its soft, romantic melodies, while local art includes paintings and sculptures inspired by the city's history.
Main Attractions of Alexandria
Alexandria is a city full of historical and cultural sites, which makes it a popular destination for tourists. Some of the main tourist attractions in Alexandria include:
- The Library of Alexandria: One of the largest libraries in the world and one of the main tourist attractions in Alexandria. The library has an extensive collection of old books and manuscripts, as well as impressive architecture.
- The Alexandria Lighthouse: A historic lighthouse found on the island of Faros. Although the lighthouse is no longer standing, its ruins are a popular attraction for tourists.
- The National Museum of Alexandria: A museum that has a wide collection of ancient artifacts and historical objects related to the history of the city.
- The Montaza Palace: A historical palace that was used by the Egyptian royal family. The palace has beautiful gardens and impressive architecture.
- The Qaitbay Citadel: A historic fortress found on the coast of Alexandria. The citadel was built in the 15th century to protect the city from invaders.
How to Get to Alexandria
Alexandria is accessible by plane, train and bus. Alexandria International Airport is located about 7 kilometers from the city center and is served by several international airlines.
The city also has a main railway station, which connects Alexandria with other major cities in Egypt, such as Cairo and Luxor.
Buses are also an option to reach Alexandria, with several bus companies connecting the city with Cairo and other major cities in the region.
Getting Around in Alexandria
Once in the city, there are several transportation options to get around Alexandria. One of the most popular options is to take a taxi, which is easy to find throughout the city.
There is also a tram system in Alexandria, which is an efficient and inexpensive means of transportation to get around the city. Trams run through most of the city and are a great way to see some of the main tourist sights.
Best Time to Visit Alexandria
The best time to visit Alexandria is during the spring and autumn months, from March to May and from September to November, respectively.
During these months, the temperatures are pleasant and there are fewer tourists than during the summer, when the city can be quite crowded and hot.
If you like the heat, summer can also be a good time to visit Alexandria, although you may want to avoid the hottest months of July and August.