Tours in Sharjah
Sharjah is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Located on the Arabian Gulf coast, it is the third largest emirate in the country and is known for its rich cultural heritage, vibrant art and cultural scene, and stunning natural beauty.
Sharjah is home to several museums, art galleries, and cultural festivals, as well as a number of beautiful beaches and parks.
The emirate is also a hub for business, with a diverse economy that includes tourism, manufacturing, and trade. The culture in Sharjah is deeply rooted in Islam and the Bedouin traditions of the region, with a strong emphasis on family, community, and hospitality.
Overall, Sharjah offers a unique blend of traditional Emirati culture and modern amenities, making it a popular destination for visitors from around the world.
The Best Time to Visit Sharjah
The best time to visit Sharjah is during the winter months from November to April, when the weather is mild and pleasant. Temperatures during this time typically range from around 15°C to 30°C, making it ideal for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
During the summer months from May to October, the weather in Sharjah is very hot and humid, with temperatures often reaching above 40°C. This can make outdoor activities uncomfortable and even dangerous, especially during the peak of summer in July and August.
Another factor to consider when planning your visit to Sharjah is the timing of major festivals and events. The city hosts a number of cultural and arts events throughout the year, such as the Sharjah International Book Fair in November and the Sharjah Light Festival in February, which can be great times to visit.
Overall, the best time to visit Sharjah is during the winter months, when the weather is pleasant and there are plenty of cultural and outdoor activities to enjoy.
How to Get Around in Sharjah?
Sharjah has a well-developed transportation system that offers several options for getting around the city. Here are some common ways to get around in Sharjah:
- Public Bus: Sharjah’s public bus system is managed by the Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority (SRTA). The buses are affordable and run throughout the day, with routes covering most areas of the city. The buses are air-conditioned and have separate seating areas for women.
- Taxi: Taxis are widely available in Sharjah, and you can easily hail one from the roadside or call a taxi service. The fare for taxis is metered, and there are additional charges for trips to and from the airport.
- Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate in Sharjah, and you can rent a car to explore the city at your own pace. However, driving in Sharjah can be challenging due to traffic congestion, so it’s essential to be cautious and patient.
- Metro: The Sharjah Metro is currently under construction and is expected to open in 2023. The metro will have three lines covering the main areas of the city, and it will connect to the Dubai Metro, making it easy to travel between Sharjah and Dubai.
- Walking and Cycling: Walking and cycling are also options for getting around Sharjah, especially in areas with pedestrian and cycling paths. However, the hot weather during summer months can make it challenging to walk or cycle long distances.
Overall, the best way to get around Sharjah depends on your preference, budget, and destination.
What to See and Do in Sharjah
Sharjah is a fabulous destination due to its Islamic architecture and its rich culture.
You also have day tours of sites of interest in Sharjah. Do not wait any longer to book your excursions through this beautiful destination!