Tours in Puglia
SAN GIOVANNI ROTONDO FROM ROME
Rome, Foggia, San Giovanni Rotondo
If you are looking for tours in Puglia, here we tell you everything you need to know.
Puglia is a region located in the southeastern part of Italy, also known as Apulia in English. It is bordered by the Adriatic Sea to the east, the Ionian Sea to the southeast, and the regions of Basilicata to the west and Campania to the north. Its capital is Bari, and other important cities include Lecce, Brindisi, Taranto, and Foggia.
The region is known for its stunning coastline, with some of the most beautiful beaches in Italy, as well as its picturesque countryside, dotted with olive groves, vineyards, and ancient towns. It is also famous for its delicious food, including fresh seafood, olive oil, pasta, and wine.
Puglia has a long history and has been inhabited since prehistoric times. It has been ruled by various peoples throughout its history, including the Greeks, Romans, Normans, and Spanish, among others. This has led to a rich cultural heritage that is evident in its architecture, cuisine, and traditions.
Some of the most popular tourist destinations in Puglia include the towns of Alberobello, Ostuni, and Martina Franca, which are famous for their whitewashed houses with conical roofs, known as trulli.
The city of Lecce is renowned for its Baroque architecture, while the Gargano National Park is a popular destination for hiking and nature enthusiasts.
Best Time to Visit Puglia
The best time to visit Puglia depends on your preferences and what you want to do during your trip. Generally speaking, the best time to visit Puglia is from April to June and from September to October, when the weather is mild and comfortable, and the crowds are smaller.
Spring (April to June) is a great time to visit Puglia, as the weather is mild, and the countryside is in full bloom with wildflowers and olive trees. The beaches are also less crowded, making it a great time to enjoy the coastline and the crystal-clear waters.
Fall (September to October) is another great time to visit Puglia, as the weather is still mild, and the crowds have thinned out. The region is also known for its fall harvest festivals, where you can sample local food and wine and experience traditional Puglian culture.
Summer (July to August) is the high season in Puglia, and the beaches and coastal towns can get crowded with tourists. However, this is also the best time to enjoy the region’s beautiful beaches and coastline, and there are plenty of outdoor events and festivals to experience during this time.
Overall, the best time to visit Puglia depends on what you want to do and see during your trip. Whether you prefer mild weather and smaller crowds or lively events and a bustling atmosphere, Puglia has something to offer year-round.
How to Get Around in Puglia?
Puglia has a good transportation system that allows visitors to easily explore the region’s many towns, cities, and attractions. Here are some of the best ways to get around in Puglia:
- Train: Puglia has a network of trains that connect its various towns and cities, making it easy to travel by rail. The region’s main train line runs from Bari to Lecce and stops at several other towns and cities along the way. Trains are generally reliable and comfortable, with air conditioning and onboard facilities.
- Bus: Puglia also has a network of buses that connect its various towns and cities, making it easy to travel by bus. Buses are generally cheaper than trains but can be slower and less comfortable.
- Car: Renting a car is a great way to explore Puglia, as it gives you the flexibility to travel at your own pace and visit remote or less accessible areas. Puglia has a good road network, and driving is generally easy, although some of the smaller roads can be narrow and winding.
- Bicycle: Puglia is a great region to explore by bicycle, with many dedicated bike paths and quiet country roads. You can rent bicycles from many towns and cities, and there are also guided bike tours available.
- Taxi: Taxis are available in most towns and cities in Puglia, although they can be expensive. It’s best to agree on a fare in advance to avoid any surprises.
Overall, there are many ways to get around in Puglia, depending on your preferences and budget. Whether you choose to travel by train, bus, car, bicycle, or taxi, you can look forward to discovering the beauty and charm of this stunning region of Italy.
Destinations near Puglia
Puglia is a fabulous destination for its fascinating culture and incredible landscape.
You also have day tours over Puglia. Don't wait any longer to book your excursions to this beautiful destination!