Tours in Como
LAKE COMO AND BELLAGIO FROM MILAN
Lake Como, cruise on the lake, Bellagio, and much more.
Como, Bellagio, Lugano, and more
If you are looking for tours in Como, here we tell you everything you need to know.
Como is a city located in the Lombardy region of northern Italy. It is the capital of the province of Como is situated at the southern end of Lake Como. The city has a population of approximately 85,000 people and is known for its beautiful landscapes, historic architecture, and vibrant culture.
Como has a long history that dates back to the Roman era, and it has been an important center of trade and commerce for centuries.
Como is a charming and vibrant city with a rich history, beautiful architecture, and stunning natural landscapes that make it a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to northern Italy.
Some of the most popular attractions in Como include the Cathedral of Como, which dates back to the 14th century, the Villa Olmo, a beautiful neoclassical villa located on the shores of Lake Como, and the Tempio Voltiano, a museum dedicated to the life and work of the famous Italian physicist Alessandro Volta.
The city is also famous for its stunning natural scenery, including the picturesque Lake Como, which is surrounded by mountains and is a popular spot for boating, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
Best Time to Visit Como
The best time to visit Como depends on your personal preferences and what you plan to do while you’re there.
The high season in Como is during the summer months, from June to August, when the weather is warm and sunny and the lake is perfect for swimming, boating, and other water activities.
However, this is also the busiest and most crowded time of the year, with many tourists flocking to the city to enjoy the beautiful weather and scenery.
Spring (April to May) and autumn (September to October) are also great times to visit Como, with mild temperatures, fewer crowds, and lower prices on accommodations and activities.
This is a good time to explore the city’s historic landmarks, museums, and cultural events, and to enjoy the natural beauty of the area without the summer crowds.
Winter (November to March) is the low season in Como, with cooler temperatures and fewer tourist activities. However, this is also a great time to experience the city’s Christmas markets, which are some of the best in Italy, and to enjoy winter sports in the nearby mountains.
How to Get Around in Como?
Como is a relatively small city and is easy to navigate on foot. However, there are several other transportation options available for visitors who want to explore the city and its surroundings.
- Bus: There are several bus lines that run throughout the city of Como, making it easy to reach different neighborhoods and attractions. The local bus company is called ASF Autolinee, and tickets can be purchased at designated kiosks, bars, or onboard the bus.
- Train: Como is connected by rail to Milan and other cities in the region, making it easy to reach other destinations from the city. The main train station in Como is Como San Giovanni, which is located in the city center.
- Ferry: One of the best ways to explore Lake Como is by taking a ferry or a boat tour. There are several ferry companies that operate on the lake, offering connections to various towns and cities around the lake, including Bellagio, Varenna, and Menaggio.
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available in Como, and they can be found at designated taxi stands throughout the city. You can also call a taxi company to book a ride or use ride-hailing apps like Uber and Lyft.
- Bike: Biking is a great way to explore the city and its surroundings, and there are several bike rental shops in Como where you can rent a bike for a few hours or a few days.
Destinations near Como
Como is a fabulous destination for its fascinating culture and incredible landscape.
You also have day tours over Como. Don't wait any longer to book your excursions to this beautiful destination!