Cruises in Samos
Athens, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora, cruise to the Greek Islands and the Turkish Riviera from Athens
What Is Samos Known For?
If you are thinking of a cruise to Turkey and a visit to Samos, here you will find everything you need to know.
Samos is a Greek island located in the eastern Aegean Sea, near the coast of Turkey. It is the eighth-largest island in Greece, with an area of approximately 476 square kilometers and a population of around 33,000 people.
The island is mountainous, with its highest peak, Mount Kerkis, reaching 1,434 meters in height.
Samos has a rich history dating back to ancient times and was a significant center of trade and culture in the Aegean.
Today, Samos is a popular tourist destination, known for its beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and stunning natural scenery.
The island is also renowned for its traditional villages, picturesque harbors, and delicious local cuisine. Additionally, Samos is famous for its sweet wine, which has been produced on the island for over 2,500 years.
Beaches of Samos
Samos is known for its stunning beaches, which offer visitors a chance to relax and enjoy the island’s natural beauty. Some of the most popular beaches on the island include:
- Potami Beach: Located on the north coast of the island, Potami Beach is a beautiful pebble beach surrounded by lush greenery. The beach is known for its crystal-clear waters and is popular with swimmers and snorkelers.
- Kokkari Beach: Situated on the northeast coast of the island, Kokkari Beach is a long, sandy beach with shallow waters that are ideal for swimming. The beach is surrounded by traditional tabernas and cafes, making it a popular spot for a relaxing lunch or afternoon drink.
- Tsamadou Beach: Tsamadou Beach is a secluded, pebble beach located on the north coast of the island. The beach is accessible only by foot, but the hike is well worth it for the stunning scenery and peaceful atmosphere.
- Lemonakia Beach: This crescent-shaped beach is located on the north coast of the island and is known for its clear waters and soft sand. The beach is surrounded by cliffs, which provide some shade during the hottest part of the day.
- Mykali Beach: Mykali Beach is a long, sandy beach located on the south coast of the island. The beach is relatively secluded and is popular with windsurfers due to the strong winds in the area.
How to Get to Samos?
Samos is a Greek island located in the eastern Aegean Sea, and there are several ways to get there depending on your starting point. Here are some of the most common ways to get to Samos:
- By air: Samos has an international airport (SMI), which is served by several airlines from major European cities. There are also daily flights from Athens, the capital of Greece. The airport is located just a few kilometers from the main town of Samos, making it a convenient option for travelers.
- By ferry: Samos is connected to several other Greek islands, including Mykonos, Santorini, and Crete, by ferry. There are also regular ferries from the port of Piraeus in Athens, with journey times ranging from 8-10 hours depending on the route.
- By car: If you’re traveling from mainland Greece, you can take the ferry from the port of Kavala or the town of Alexandroupolis to the nearby island of Thassos, and then take another ferry to Samos. Alternatively, you can drive to the port of Volos or Rafina and take a ferry to Samos.
- By bus: There are regular bus services from Athens and Thessaloniki to the port of Kavala, from where you can take a ferry to Samos.
Holiday Cruise in Turkey and Visit to Samos
Are you looking for a holiday in the sun with a paradisiacal landscape? Would you like to enjoy the most exclusive gastronomy? Would you like to marvel at a fascinating culture? Then you have to consider a cruise to Turkey and a visit to Samos!
The options to build your cruises to Turkey and visit Samos are multiple and you choose how to combine destinations. What are you waiting for to plan a new trip?